The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Introduction......


It was an interesting if not amazing group of approximately 80 individuals at the barbecue last night. The majority of those attending were “professional’s” as it was the going away party for some co-workers of a mutual friend of the host and all those invited. There were “sweet thang” and I, and maybe 7 to 10 others who were not part of their working group. A need to get off my feet led me to a table occupied by a single lady whose husband was unable to attend. As our conversation went on, we found that we had more and more in common. By the end of the evening we had indeed struck a friendship and I’m sure I’ll see her again.


She is one year older than I, she loves nature, she used to live near where I was born and raised, she loves to write, she loves trees, and she is a very open and grounded person and I totally enjoyed getting to know her. She invited me to tour her home just a few minutes from where the party was being held……


In visiting with her she ask a lot of questions about me…..The reflection of the answers I gave her, made me stop to look at who this person writing these words in front of you really is. During the discussion on writing I told her about this blog I am sharing with the world. She was very curious and interested in possibly starting a blog of her own so I hope she checks this out one day. I believe it was at that moment I met myself again.


I realized how much I had missed setting down to visit with you about my participation in the search for, and sharing with you “so much more”. As we stood in her garden surrounded by the beautiful personal touches she had added to it, with a backdrop of the majestic rocky mountains glistening with golden tones in the sunset sky, I knew that it was time for a personal meeting with my mind. I drew a deep breath and felt I had found a way to introduce myself to me again…..


Having a secure handle on all of the distractions that has kept me away the past few weeks, it is time to get on with tasks at hand and that meant sitting down to clear my mind of all that and let some thoughts flow.


I've missed out on so much..... reading other's blogs, my writing, spending time in my searches, allowing me to be me, really looking at my flowers instead of working in the yard, taking time to appreciate my life and that which surrounds me.


Where might my new friend lead me? She has already given me that break I needed. God brings people together for a reason and I can hardly wait to find out the reason behind our meeting……


Do you suppose I’m talking about the lady I met at the party last night or myself? I’m not sure yet either but stick around and we’ll figure it out together.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with you here and see I should have read this before I sent you that email. It sounds like you have been busy with life and have had a moment to step back and realign a bit. I hope that you get more time to reconnect with yourself.

Hugs,
Sylv