The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall


Since Colorado is not known for our beautiful trees, I so enjoyed our trip to the Northeast in the fall months a couple of years ago.   While there I took countless pictures, and just want to share a few of my favorites.   At the time, I emailed this first one to some friends and family with the comment "I didn't know God made pink trees".   Indeed, He does, and my eyes could barely absorb all of the colors we seen.






Looking up, as in the second picture, seemed to become my favorite position as it opened my vision and dreams and the world beyond.



















I love this picture for it's depth, there is always

so much more when you look past what's in front of you.




















The next picture is without a doubt my all time favorite.
There is nothing equal to reflection..... in nature, and in ourselves.
These pictures were taken at the "screw auger falls", near 
Grafton notch in New Hampshire.   There is so much more, and 
even beauty, in just a pile of dead leaves........
These had fallen off the trees into small pools indented
in flat, smooth rock surrounding the falls.


















And last but not least, my own "tri-color" painting in our back yard
The Aspen, the Maple, and the Evergreen....in all their glory.

3 comments:

Heather said...

so beautiful! i miss having a change of seasons.

Shark said...

Mary, the photos are gorgeous. The one with the ice is a real work of art! Looks like you've got yet another talent.

What's for dessert?!

xxoo
m

Shark said...

Oh! That's a rock with a pool on it! I thought it was ice forming. I guess I should have read the whole thing. Or maybe I did...

Sheesh.

Getting old ain't for wimps.