The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hello World!

Wow! Finally I feel like posting an update. Today I figured out is 2 weeks, that is 14 days since I had a major heart attack. Week one was spent fighting for my life, the next week has been one of returning to and adjusting to that life. One being almost as equally difficult as the other.

It also finds Christmas over for another year. Our family was able to get together here at the house on Sunday for our “belated” celebration. The kids brought a lot of food over for a wonderful meal together and we were finally able to exchange our gifts, it was a joyous day. Monday was spent recuperating, as even though I didn’t do anything, (everyone else did all the work) I am still a little weak and it was exhausting just from the talking and the fun I had.

Which brings me to this morning……. Status report: Worst problem is still the irritation and swelling of my airways & vocal cords from being on the ventilator for so long which in turn prevents me from talking normal…… If I use my voice at all it’s still a strain on it….so, as much as I would love to visit on the phone with so many of you, I just can’t right now. There is improvement every day though, so I’m hoping another week and I will be getting closer to returning to normal.

My strength is also returning, but not there yet. I have been walking, though I cannot use the word regularly yet. When I first got home I could barely make it from the car to the house. I am now able to take short walks around the house several times a day.

The bruising just from all the handling, wires, needles, tubes, emergency care etc. are beginning to clear up and the soreness is lessening.

I am anxious to see my doctor on the 14th, I have a lot of questions to ask him, and I’m really looking forward to moving ahead on into rehab with certain goals to meet.

Thanks to a couple of drill sergeants, I am getting advice on learning to “listen to my body”, take it easy on myself for awhile and allow me time to adjust to a new way of life. Not easy, but I’m going to follow orders and do as I’m told.

As with everything, there is so much more to say but I really don’t want to turn my blog into a heart attack site, so I promise not to let it over take my posts. As I gain strength and continue to improve, I will let you know but there is so much more to post about too, I just can’t wait until I’m strong enough to be on here for longer periods. For now, just know that I’m doing ok and continuing to improve……albeit slowly.

Life with oxygen is like a whole other world! I really can't wait to start living life again because it's going to be so different to do it feeling good. Hello World, I'm on my way!

No comments: