The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Cave

She walked in circles
looking for a place to be
Desperate to lie alone
At the back of the cave
Hidden from light
Empty of thought
Craving quiet without invasion
Void of sound
Needing something she could not name

The entrance beyond her grasp
With predators and fear
She could not close it off
But she could hide from it
In solitude
Away
Alone
At the back of the cave
In the darkness

Her world had changed
Too fast
She had to escape
To exist
to the back of the cave
Where she could attempt
To retreat and understand
To search for peace
To renew

Some day, in time
She would emerge again
With trepidation
From the back of the cave
She would ease her way
To the front,
With the entrance in sight
No longer tired or weighted down
Ready to rejoin the pack
To touch the light

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I say surely the darkness will overwhelm me
And the light around me will be night
Even the darkness is not dark to Thee
And the night is as bright as the day
Darkness and light are alike to Thee
For Thou didst form my inward parts
Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb
I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made
***
Behold there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock
and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passd by. Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.

Love, M2

Mary said...

Psalm 139:11

M2, That says it all doesn't it.....
more than beautiful, it brings comfort
thank you for that. tarzan

el poquito said...

Inside the earth is a good place to recuperate - cradled in her arms.

You're still among the walkers. Had things gone their natural course, you wouldn't be. I have found my 'bonus time' a blessing, a gift - one I'm very grateful for to be here and enjoy. As you know it's still full of challenges. We get no free pass from earthly challenges, even though we've been through the ringer and feel as though we should get a lighter load.

Dammit!

And this gift, as wonderful as it is, is a lot disorienting.

Depression can be a hard concept for me to accept in myself (although I've gotten better at it). but disorientation? Hell, yeah! One day you're just living your life, going along through an average day, maybe baking pies getting ready for a holiday - and BOOM! - It blows.

And when we try to return 'home' we find it's not as we remember. Parts of the house have been literally blown away - not there anymore; other parts are trashed - repairable, but trashed. It's disorienting to say the least. It's a lot to sift through. Think of all those scenes we've seen on the news of tornado, flood, disaster survivors, sifting through what once was their lives, trying to piece the pieces together of all that's salvageable.

It's hard work. A cave to retreat to is important. Hang in there. You're still finding your way home.