The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Saturday, March 21, 2009

Life and Light

The absence of darkness…….Light, that beautiful illumination that produces the elements necessary for us to live….. Even writing the word light, brings thoughts of the sun, of brighter days ahead and the coming of spring and summer.

Light is also seeing a smile on someone’s face, it’s getting a note from someone you haven’t heard from in a long time, it’s looking back on happy memories, and it’s hearing laughter when silence has been the dominate sound in your life.

Light is recognizing your own strength and putting it to good use, light is counting your blessings and realizing how many you have. Light can be seeing the first tulips poking their heads thru the ground with the hope of a beautiful bloom to come. Light can be hearing someone tell you how good you look…..and light can be recognizing your own weaknesses and learning to live with them.

Like everything else there are different degrees of light…… light can be a day with less pain that you had the day before. Light can be a simple sense of accomplishment when a job you’ve been dreading is completed.

It’s good to leave the cave behind……I needed it for awhile – it’s darkness allowed me to heal and gave me comfort, but oh how wonderful this light is in my life……I have crawled out to look at the sun once again and go in search of so much more………

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for the light!

love, Sylv

Deann said...

Hi Tarzan,
I saw your blog on the list of a friend and decided to check you out, and I am so glad I did.
This post in particular is wonderful so uplifting I'll be stopping by often for a dose of spiritual sunshine. Thank you.
May God continue to sustain you.
Many blessing ~ Deann

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, dear girl!

Please pick up your friendship blogger award on my page today!

You have been an encouragement to my darling Mumsie (Everybody Loves a Story), and I am taking this opportunity to thank you!

Beth