The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Saturday, March 14, 2009

One of those Blocks

It even happens to people to who normally love to write, all of a sudden for no real reason, you simply cannot think of anything to write about. That seems to have been the case with “tarzan”.

I finally finished rehab classes and it was such a relief not to have to drive over there 3 times a week, I have really enjoyed just staying home and taking advantage of not having any commitments.

With all of the doctors appointments, my attempts to change my life style, and yet trying very hard to return to the way things were before the heart attack, not to mention actual work I need to catch up on here at home, I’ve felt myself being under a great deal of pressure. So much so, that it almost became overwhelming…… The expectations I had placed on myself were more than anyone could handle under the best of circumstances! The more I expected of myself, the more I felt guilty for not being able to get through it all, the worse I felt about myself, and the less I got done. One of those vicious circles that seems to have no positive end and is so hard to break.

I think the best way to break out of a situation like this, is to recognize the problem and allow yourself time to handle it, if only one step at a time. The doctors have said all of this is normal……I am really wondering now what normal is…… Regardless, I still have some projects to get done, I still need to work on improving my eating habits, and I still need to get back to regular daily exercise, and I need to write. Time will tell if I can get it all worked in. Just bear with me, I’ll get there some day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I have been there. Or perhaps I shoould say I am there. We have never talked about what I used to do (basically running a specific corner of the world), but you have heard what I do now (as little as possible unless it is truly important and/or respectful of my health needs).
Sorting the priorities is unsettling. Peace comes in living within the priorities.
Intentional change in the circumstances never comes without first changing the inner world. Not easy, not fast. Fast is only with the changes that are uncontrollable and unintentional. You have had a few of those, m'dear.
Love you, M2