The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update

After all the waiting, preparations, anxious days, a bit of pain and a few odd experiences, my surgery is over. Done, behind me, and a part of the past.


I am recuperating well, just trying to get my strength built back. This will be accomplished with time and some effort on my part. I am still suffering some “after surgery” effects, but for the most part I believe it was a successful journey. The on-going process of all this is my attempt to strengthen and maintain the health of all those damaged muscles. That’s means a regime of specific exercises for the rest of my lifetime. Physical and mental.


Lecture to myself that I want to share:


I believe deeply in the power of the mind. When bad things loom on the horizon our fear can stifle our abilities to confront them if we let it. But, there is something about human nature that gives us that needed determination to meet them head on, to go through what we must. It’s called survival I guess.


Survival is never easy, it’s just necessary. The option is to give up but that does not necessarily mean we get the instant gratification of death, God just doesn’t work that way. So, giving up will most likely only bring us a life of defeat and misery. Even with the pain of survival we at least know that we’re doing everything possible to make it all right again. The rest really is up to God.


The process of restoration continues:


I have been told I must wait at least 6 weeks before I can have the next surgery, even though it will be a minor one. My body needs at least that amount of time before I put it through the rigors of the next hurdle. For now, I must work hard to give myself what I need……to get the past behind me as quickly as possible to rebuild towards and for the future. Since I will not settle for the option of giving up, survival is the answer.



Survival in the best way possible…. A walk in the sunshine sounds like a good way to start.





3 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

OOoooh, I'm sure God sent sunshine for you! It is snowing back East, and here the greyness of the day hides the sunshine. This winter is one of the darkest I can remember...which is odd. I'm sure there have been other winters that have also been rather dark and drab.

I'm praying for you--it is good to hear that you are recovering. God bless you, my dear!

Remember, you are a King's Daughter, all glorious within. Psalm 45 Whenever gold is mentioned in Scripture, it gives the idea of the presence of God.

The Presence of God will clothe you in gold, as you recover. ((hugs))

el poquito said...

yer makin' me smile

; )

thanks for that

Beth Niquette said...

Hey, girl! How you doin? ((hugs))