The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Saturday, January 30, 2010

more crossings.....

And the last two items can now be marked done and crossed off the list....
preparations for the trip and the trip....

We arrived at my doctor's town today, the travel was good. The window between storms opened just enough to give us dry roads and clear skies. Though it's really cold we didn't have to deal with wind or snow....

The camper is snuggled in the rv park, leveled, hooked up to water, sewer, elect. and propane for heat, and the furnace is running... We have everything we need and just anxiously await the big day......

Monday I go thru the registration process and pick up my admittance packet......Tuesday I meet the doctor in his office to go over details of the surgery.......and Wednesday is cutting day! I shall be walking (if not running) the halls that afternoon, and am already practicing my "let me outta here" speech to be presented on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning......

"Sweet thang" tells me he won't let me keep the computer in the hospital room over night because he doesn't think I would get the sleep I might need for playing on it, but he'll bring it to me for awhile on Wed. when I wake up. I'll make sure to let you all know I'm still able to write. While I'm sleeping and the dr. is practicing his knife skills, "sweet thang" is under orders to get the wine chilled so we can celebrate when I get back to the camper..... Who needs drugs if there's a good bottle of merlot waiting.......

Thank you all for your prayers and support and encouragement... with that and the vision of walking without pain, my attitude is in great shape.

There is so much more to come! They're throwing me another vine and tarzan isn't about to miss it......... I'll update more later when I've got it in hand.....


3 comments:

Heather said...

hoping that your surgery and recovery will go smoothly. i'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! love you...

Sylv said...

I'm glad to see your post and know that you have arrived safely. Take care of yourself and check in and let us know how you're doing. Give "Sweet Thang" some extra hugs for watching out for what's best for you. Love you, sending hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery,

el poquito said...

Hey there - Both of you Sweet Thangs. Nice to picture you all cozy in your caravan gypsy wagon. Good sign you made it through the weather 'window' and are safely there. Best to you through all the next steps of the journey - stepping you closer to that walk, pain-free, down the beach.

XO-e