The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Phone Call.......

I called the doctor this morning, he has NOT received the report..... He suggested I call the radiology dept. at the hospital and give them his home address to send it to, in case it had been lost at his end at that hospital.


I called our hospital, the lady said it had not been sent yet because orders to send it out of state was not written on that exact piece of paper which held the original order.....sigh~~~ I gave them the address the dr. had given me. Bottom line, a copy of the MRI disc, the earlier x-ray, and the radiologist's report will be mailed out today from this hospital to his hospital.


I called the dr. back to tell him to be watching for it and double checked the address he had given me. He said he would call me as soon as he receives it and we'll get the ball rolling.....


SO - I'm still waiting, but now with hope that by the end of the week I'll have some answers.

**************

As the patient, working from the middle between two different hospitals and states is a difficult thing to do. A lot of cancer patients have to deal with situations like this all the time when they are required to travel long distances for specialized treatments. In my case, this doctor is the only one I would trust to do surgery if that's what he deems necessary, so when he moved out of State to another hospital, I made the decision that I would go there when the time came. Other than my frustrations with the bureaucracy of it all, I believe it's worth the time and trouble.


2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Hospitals!!

Oh, I know--they are sometimes the worst, and yet can be the best.

((hugs)) YOu are in my prayers!

Nina said...

I know there is so much electronic data and "on-line" images. It's a shame we can't share information more easily. I do so hope they can do something to help with the pain and mobility. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love and Light, Nina P