The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Movin On......

I am so ready to leave it all behind…….


Another mile or few to go


Closely watching for the welcome words


"You can rest a while now, you’ve arrived".






Tomorrow brings me closer to one of the last big hills I need to get over. I will undergo the surgeon’s knife again for some leaky connection repairs, spend a few days coasting, then hopefully roll into a smoother stretch ahead for the remainder of the journey.

************

I’m reminded again to keep an eye on the positives; so today I am paying attention to the beauty along the side of the road.


I just seen a little flower peeking out from beneath a rock that partially covered his deeply buried roots. Despite the struggle he is blooming beautifully.


I noticed a couple of miles with no litter in the ditches, the haphazard arrangement of God’s natural design.


I’ve seen numerous fence posts standing strong and straight, holding tight to their markers taking up the slack for others that are leaning.


I seen the freedom of a wild animal taking care of it’s domain, insuring it’s place in the world tomorrow.


I noticed smiles on the faces of other travelers, each to his own destination with determination and bravery.


All of that and so much more……


Just little signs of the goodness of life around me and a glimmer of what it can be like if we keep steering ourselves straight.

*******************

One mile at a time……..





4 comments:

Heather said...

Keeping you in my heart and prayers!

el poquito said...

Good luck with the new washers for the leaky faucet. See ya later on that drier shore. xo! e

Beth Niquette said...

Ah...so much more. I love that picture, and I love what you wrote, sister dragon-rider!

God bless you--you're in my prayers! Keep us up on how you're doing, k?

Mary said...

Heather, Beth & ep, ........ Thanks so much for all the prayers and encouragement. The evening after finds me a bit weary but doing ok. Sweet thang promised pudding and that fixes everything!