The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Dawning

And a new year dawns, one day into the other…….and I was there to witness it! Exciting in its presentation but not a lot different in it’s similarity to other mornings. Regardless, it is my day and my new year.


2010 was so full….. I was faced at the beginning with a lot - having made up my mind to use it to discover more about myself and my health and have some things taken care of that required my commitment to them, as unpleasant as they were.


It took 2 major surgeries, quite a few down days, many short appointments, check up’s and more check up’s…. It seems that was all I accomplished and it took me most all year long, just finishing with one procedure before starting in on another one…..


All of that behind me now I had one remaining project which was to have my cataracts removed. My right eye will be done on January 5th and the left eye on January 19th. It will be a wonderment to be able to see clearly again.


I will also be working on trying to get in better shape – stronger is all ways, physically and mentally.


I have a feeling that it’s going to be a very good year, full of brightness and an enjoyment of life that I haven’t had for a while.


Here’s to you and your’s, may your year be filled with only good things, things that will lead you onward and forward in health and contentment.


Happy New Year! Welcome 2011




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just got back from the land of aloha and was thinking about you, and decided to check in.
I won't email you since I see you are due to have your eyes done. Tom had his done with splendid results and now wears only readers. He said it was the easiest procedure he had ever had, so I am wishing and praying the same for you!!
You are getting ready for all that anniversary-ing and honeymoon-ing that you have coming up!!
Love you, M2

Mary said...

M2 I'm so excited about the eye surgery, just think it will be wonderful to see again! The encouragement helps and I'm glad Tom got along so well.... I'm sure I will too, just a little spooked about it but otherwise anxious to have it over with.

Yes the celebrating will begin soon, please check out my new travel blog....
http://beyondthebackdoor-beyondthebackdoor.blogspot.com/

el poquito said...

and the same to you, Mary -- all good things. Best of luck with the upcoming eye opening experience! Keep that twinkle in your eye.

Mary said...

hey ep! Having survived all the "hoopla" of the holidays it's a great feeling to be moving on ever in the quest of the best we can grasp! I'll remind the doc what you said about keeping the "twinkle"! :)