The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Friday, January 28, 2011

And I'm Done!

#$%@$^@@^*#@!?><###** - check

#$%@$^@@^*#@!?><###** - check

#$%@$^@@^*#@!?><###** - check

#$%@$^@@^*#@!?><###** - check

#$%@$^@@^*#@!?><###** - check



Without going back through all of the items, I have reached the bottom of "MY" list.....

Now what........


How to leave it all behind......


How to accept that I have done all I can and it’s time to move on.....


There are still a couple of little items that will be a constant companion for the rest of my life but there is nothing more I can do about them.


The back which there may be no answer for

The cancer which will always be with me in some form or another

The on-going heart health and keeping it on the plus side.


I capitalized in quotes, “MY” in the first sentence because I have only had control over what I can do to help myself and that list is now complete. The rest is up to God, I know He has His own list and that remains to be seen.


For now it’s a matter of the relief I feel having accomplished what I promised to myself..... It’s been my job for a long time.


However; it is also a huge adjustment to get on with life. I have lived for 5 years with health problems and health fixes and I’m used to it.


I have become “comfortable” with my cancer and dealt with living with it.


I have accepted my heart condition and dealt with it.


I have accepted my back problems and though I get frustrated with the constant pain I am resigned to it and will do what I can in the future to improve it.


Now it’s time to throw away the lists of medical issues and allow myself to live life with what I have......... Once again I am starting down a new path.... a path without constant doctor’s appointments.


It’s time to have some fun, travel, entertain, keep positive people in my life, tell some stories and enjoy my newly found freedom.......


All the boxes have been checked. There really is “so much more” and I’m on my way out the door to search for it..... Happy days are here again.


No comments: