The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cobwebs




Believe me, the picture of cobwebs above is a lot prettier than the real cobwebs in the corner of my ceiling......


Both eye surgeries went well and the beauty of seeing better includes some things I would rather not! Yes, I have since wiped down all the corners of my ceilings and they are now minus the cobwebs that had been hiding there..... (or hanging there, and I just didn't see them) How many other things have I missed?


Funny thing about cobwebs, that’s a good way to describe how my mind feels sometimes, a bit crowded with old things that need wiped out, and beautiful, intricate, woven patterns of my left over wanderings......


You can see large smooth, easy going strands that must have been good days in that old spider’s life. You can also see a few tiny circles when she must have been having an off day and just didn’t want to do much.


There are some very crooked ones and one with crosses where she really got confused in where she was going or where she was. Some of them are thicker which shows she probably had to go back and do a some over..... Some are very broken and thinned and some are reinforced... You can tell she had to start over more than once....


She created her defense mechanism to catch any invaders, and also created a way to protect her home, her heart and a place she can aways go back to. she created a way to survive.....


With the removal of the cataracts the light is now able to shine in and the world looks so much brighter. Not only are the shadows and darkness gone, but those surgeries were the last two things on my repair list...... I get tested for my new glasses on February 17th..... I have a lot to celebrate.


I have made my cobweb a bit stronger.....the invaders are at bay.....and I am safe and home and content that all of my weaving is worth it. There is so much more waiting on me...... Further cleaning out of the old ones and exciting new patterns to create........


1 comment:

el poquito said...

I told you this was gonna happen - that you'd be tempted to deep clean once you SAW it all. Hey, it didn't grow there overnight - so I hope you're gonna cut yourself some slack and not have to clean it overnight!

So, what other sights have you been seeing? Hope they're wonderful. Vision, what a gift, eh? Amazing.