The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Night

Night
Beautiful black
Closing out the world
And the world rejoices
Doors are locked
Bringing peace of the day
And so much more
Time for reflection
And for ending
Time for celebration
And for rest
Time for renewal and respite
And for hope
Night
The time you can see light
Light lives against the backdrop of
Night
Beautiful black
A jewel in it's own right

2 comments:

John Saunders said...

So much more indeed! "Night"
lights up my life. I am reading
a commentary of St. John of the Cross's poem "Dark Night". The
two of you both have an
uplifting message. "Night" ---
your "Night" is a godsend!
Godspeed to you. May your neck
connect your heart and mind for
many years. Hugs from John S.

Mary said...

John, thank you so much for leading me to "st. john of cross's poem, Dark Night.. I had not read it before and OMG, it is so beautiful..... oh, to be able to write like that! By sending me in his direction you have given me "so much more"...and thank you, thank you. Hugs back from tarzan.