The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Sunday, February 1, 2009

Big "A" Weekend

It's Super Bowl weekend!   Though I'm not holding my breath for a win, I'll be cheering for Arizona to at least make a good showing against the Steeler's. We're having about 20 people over to watch the game with us, and in honor of the Cardinals I just had to bake a "cherry/berry" pie.

As you might assume, there is "so much more" to the story....

I had spent most of the day baking pies and preparing some other dishes in the kitchen on Dec. 23rd when I had my heart attack.   Because of the condition I was in, not only do I not remember much about baking them, I never got to eat any!    The pies were taken to the ICU waiting room where the family and some others got to enjoy them, but they didn't think there was a way to save me a piece.

When I decided to have this get together today, I was bound and determined to make another pie.   Believe me, it was a little nerve wracking to walk into the kitchen and start the process.   Would I live through it again?    It's funny how we associate certain things with events in our lives and I will never bake another pie without thinking of that day.   However; the picture serves as proof that I did survive to bake again!   I hope they taste as good as they look.

Today will also be my first time back to Church since the attack.   I just hadn't quite been strong enough until now, but I'm anxious to see everyone again.   This afternoon I'll get the hot wings ready and make some guacamole and we'll have a fun evening.   I just can't wait to cut into those pies......One thing for sure you can bet I'll enjoy them.   Not exactly "heart healthy" food, but there is nothing on the menu for today that even slightly resembles the word diet!   I hope you all enjoy the game!

No comments: