The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, February 9, 2009

the REAL rehab

Monday.......ok, I fully admit I did not want to go, I did not want to be there, and the whole thing while I was there, was just getting thru it...... I really hate having to do this on Monday's. It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't in the morning, but I am NOT a morning person, never have been  - never will be.   I need my proper waking up time and being ready to leave here at 8:30 a.m. is too early.....grrrrrrr.

ok, so I get there and my blood pressure is 158/over something. The lady says "oh my you are high this morning!" Well, duh, the alarm jerked me out of bed at 6:00, I only came to an hour ago, and it took 3 cups of coffee to get me this far, what do you expect!!@$!@#

I spent 10 minutes on the "nu step", then they put me on an aerodine bike, all I wanted to do was hurry up and get it done and get off of it.   I had been on that about 8 minutes, when they took the blood pressure again and it was 190/87

They made me stop and go take a couple of slow, pokey laps around a short track and set quiet for a couple of minutes, then took it again and it had came down to 158/67

After it came down again they let me get on the rowing machine if I promised to keep it slow, which I did, then we did some arm weights & stretches, and when I checked out to go home the blood pressure was 148/60.

I get on those machines and just get going too fast and they have to keep lecturing me about it. They put limits on me today and gave me numbers that show on the machines, (how fast I'm going) that I am not to go over! - and they said they would be watching me closely.   The head trainer said she doesn't think my blood pressure medication is at the right levels yet and she was going to call my dr. and tell him about all of this..... I don't know if she did or not, but I go in to see him on the 18th and I think they send a report in before I go, so he'll know anyway.

I AM going to learn to pace myself - I swear I am, it just doesn't seem like I'm doing anything for my heart when I'm just poking along, if I'm not panting and sweating.... She swears that it is.
Actually, I think it's all because it's Monday 
Monday's used to be my "un-day"
Now I have to join the world on Mondays.
Guess I need to change my "un-day" to Tuesday.....

After I'd been home about an hour I went out and walked again and I'm now up to 3,000 steps.....to do what I should, I need to go another 5 times around the house and put another thousand on...... I will do that now..... And besides that I'm not skinny yet.  grump, grump.

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

You are a wonderful writer. What an encouragement you are. I enjoyed reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I am glad you are doing well with your rehab. You sound so much like me... hate getting up early, I would immediately try to do things as fast as possible to rush the recovery...and cooking too. As for stress, I agree exercise is the way to go! I have been jogging almost 2 hours a day lately, and skiing on other days and I don't feel good until I've skied til my body aches.

I'm heading to Montana for a few days on March 1st to look at land!!! I will ski for 2 days as well. Will be in Polson!!! I can't wait, will take tons of pics!

Keep doing well, slow and steady wins the race.

josiegroper/wendy