The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, November 30, 2009

#1 of the Matrix

Coming up with 12 positives about my heart attack is much easier said than done…. I have thought of at least a thousand negatives, but have had to really think and work for the positives…. In no particular order I have started making my list – one being no less important than another one, but just as they have entered my mind…..


#1 of the matrix……. The strength of my family.

I think it’s easy to say that all of this brought forth the knowledge of their absolute love for me, but it’s their strength that brings me to my knees…. From everyone who was directly involved from the beginning of my attack, through the unending actions and words they still give me each day, they have done everything that was needed as it was needed. Their strength through all of this has amazed me. Each and every one of them, from my husband and sister who were there with me at the onset, the encouragements and physical actions of my 3 children, the sons & daughter in-laws, to all 5 of the grandkids…. Without reserve, their strength seen me through it, and continues…..


Knowing without reservation that you can depend on a certain person or persons is one of the greatest feelings of security and love that you can have.


And the wonderment of it all is that they don’t even recognize their heroic actions….. I’ve tried to tell them how much the things they did meant to me, but my words fall short. The greatest blessing is that they were there for each other….. The kids took care of their dad, he made sure they were all ok, the in-laws took care of their spouses and each other, and the grandkids kept the world going for their parents, each other and all of us. If one of them had a weak moment, another one picked up the slack. They handled the logistics of transporting all family members to the hospital, they set with each other, and from what I’ve been told, they cried with each other…. They “carried on” as I would have wanted them to…..


The strength of a matrix has to start with a solid base, and I’m proud to say that I now know just how strong ours is……


1 comment:

Nina said...

Seems we never realize the true strength of our foundation until it's tested. We reap the benefits daily yet don't always appreciate the depth of Love that forms our vary base. What a wonderful founding matrix to start with..... Blessings to you and yours. Love and Light, Nina p