The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, November 30, 2009

The Matrix

Matrix – According to the dictionary, “An arrangement of connected things”…. How more beautiful to display the word matrix, than in this picture of one of the many rocks I have in my collection…. From all it went through, it’s layers stand proudly and shamelessly connected to expose the matrix of it’s positive beauty.



After sharing my apprehension over the upcoming Christmas celebrations and the anniversary of my heart attack with my friend “el poquito”, he shared with me, among other heartfelt words of encouragement, the following…..

The only way through it is through it - straight ahead.”


>>>>>>..........>>>>>>


He said to me:

“One thing I was taught about these sorts of moments is how we naturally and easily build a 'matrix', so to speak. a construction built of negative thoughts and memories. I was taught to turn it on its nose by building a construction of positive thoughts - an appreciation for all the good lessons learned through the difficult challenge. <--- those are always filled with strengths also that we never would otherwise see, know and experience about ourselves.

In other words, build a positive matrix around the heart emergency by writing down a list of 12 positive things that have come from this experience this past year”


<<<<<<........<<<<<<<


So, I’m taking him up on his challenge…. Over the next few weeks as I’m going through the days leading up to the anniversary of that fateful event, I am going to concentrate on the positives… experiences I would never have even thought of or gone through, had it not been for the heart attack. As I ponder over all of this, and as I remind myself, I will share it with you, as I believe it’s going to be beneficial.


He also said “It isn't magic. Won't make it all disappear. You'll still have to meet it on the terms it dishes out to you, but you can make it a bit more doable.

It will remind you of your strengths rather than your weakness”.


And that my friends is something we all need……

1 comment:

el poquito said...

You go, Tarzan! Each one of these is a spoke of a wheel you're building to help you roll right on through the month of December to your Happy NEW Year! Gather up all the best and leave the rest as you roll on. All the best to you as you build your wheel!

; )
xo
el po