The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, June 8, 2009

Our Hideaway



















After my grumpy post on it being spring again, I figured I had better let you know that so far it's going not half bad.  Luckily we have had a long spring, several rainy days, no sweltering heat to make life miserable, and thanks to hubby's help, the weeds have not overtaken me yet!   Today I am sharing some pictures of our yard....   It is our private little haven, built just for the purpose of having a place to hide from the rest of the world.   I have to tell you that we did all of the work ourselves. The ponds and creek were dug by hubby with a little back hoe,  following my design laid out with a garden hose, the kids and grandkids helped us line the ponds and creek with the proper materials, the large rocks were purchased from a  quarry and moved into place with a crane, and every other rock was moved into place by hand from those I had collected over the years.  And I wonder why my back aches?   After turning the pumps on about 4 years ago we have not shut them off other than for cleaning and maintenance.  They do run all winter and are beautiful as ice forms around the water falls.   I want you to know you're all invited to come over for a cold lemonade on the patio or to just set on the bench and meditate....   There really is so much more than meets the eye......  You see the fence?  I was the hod carrier......over 150 feet of one block on top of the other one 6 ft high.  (some day I'll tell ya about that).


1 comment:

mountainbeliever said...

Wow, that is absolutely HEAVEN!! Last time we were there, you were still in the planning stages, I have never seen the results of all that hard labor and work you put into it! I love seeing these pictures, it really is a true haven. You are so lucky to have that just outside your door, every morning when you wake! You deserve it...and all the joy and peace it most certainly brings you! We'll see it one day!