The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Saturday, December 12, 2009

#12 of the Matrix















#12 of the matrix…….Progress


The rock I chose to picture with this twelfth positive is a piece of labradorite.

Labradorite is truly a fascinatingly beautiful mineral. A mineral whose beauty can be hidden, and may be overlooked if not viewed from the proper position. Generally a dull, dark looking rock with no special virtue until the colorful shiller is observed glowing on the surface. Labradorite can produce a colorful play of light within it’s matrix,. If you look very closely in the center of the picture you will be able to view a tiny, blue sparkling jewel….. More beautiful that, are the many you do not see but become evident when held and turned to reflect the sun….


“Everything you can imagine is real”…Pablo Picasso (1881 – 1973)


I sat for a while last night reading some of my old posts through the past year…. From the day I could not imagine ever being normal again, I am now able to say I know I’ve made miles of progress.

I’ve written of the challenges, the confusion, the panic, the love, the depression, the loss of physical and mental control, the fears…. and the positives that came from each of them…..


and now I want to write, (not about the past), but the future.


Picasso speaks of reality and what our minds are capable of. He placed no boundaries but chose instead to imagine life happening, with all of its possibilities, as it may…. As it is……


From a body and mind weakened to a level of barely functioning, (actually not functioning at all for a time)…. both have strengthened to where I can now move ahead on that unlimited, path of imagination.


The journey back from death a year past, finds me just beginning to forge the path ahead and I plan to greet it head on with no hesitation. The reality of life is within me and before me, limited only by what I can not imagine……


And it is here ……now


And it is real…..


There hasn’t been any new earth shattering revelations written here in my matrix, they are things I have known all along but that I had let fade away because I allowed the negatives and darkness to overtake them……


Writing the 12 positives has not been easy, but it’s been good for me. It really has reminded me to look at, concentrate, and appreciate my strengths. With every positive I listed, I thought of others, eventually there became too many to write about each and every one in detail, and I know there are still more to surface. It has renewed my determination to put as much behind as possible and to look ahead.


To turn myself to all directions of the sun and allow life to become what it is and what it wants to be.


I feel complete in my knowledge that there is no reason to fear what might lie ahead.


This is the end my matrix…… built only of positives with it’s jewels pointed towards the future and in return, the future coming into the jewels……. Thank you again “el poquito” for suggesting this to me. What a wonderful tool to have in my pocket! I will be looking back on it every time the bad memories start to creep in, for it’s the positives that will continue to shine brilliantly, showing the way with their sparkling lights as my guide.


I have come a long way, and there is so much more to come.......tarzan


2 comments:

el poquito said...

You have been tumbled and polished. You ARE the jewel!

Mary said...

thank you ep.... :)