The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not naked anymore!


Dressed

*********

Ok so it’s not the MOST beautiful tree in the whole world, but now that he’s got the lights and all the decorations on him, he looks quite happy! You know, on second thought, I’m sure he thinks he IS the most beautiful tree in all the world. We stood him up on a little table that I covered with a cloth, then I put the tree skirt around that. He looks much taller than he is and can be seen thru the front window.


I only hung the oldest and most traditional ornaments on him this year, not all of the pretty glass ones I have in years past. We’re keeping it simple since we won’t be here, not a lot of decorations throughout the whole house either. No, I am not being a scrooge, it’s just that with every decoration I take out of the box and hang, I know I’m going to have to take it down and put it away. (makes me tired to think about it)! Whoops, that was sort of a scrooge remark, but it I didn’t mean it to be. It’s just that my back has something to say about it and it’s at the top of priority list this year….


*************************************************************************************

Ok, here ya go…… Just in case you think I’ve been slacking off, above is a picture of one of the candy trays that I’ll be delivering tomorrow to the EMT & firemen here locally, and one tray that goes to the “air life” helicopter station. From left to right is a row of cookies, old-fashioned fudge, aunt bills candy, divinity, and a big pile of peanut brittle. I just hope it brings them a little cheer. It’s just my way of saying thank you for being there.




1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm drooling!

(grin)