The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, December 21, 2009

The Heart Buggy

What a wonderful day! I took a tray of candy over to the helicopter crews this morning. It was a great pleasure to meet all of them and I got a "tour" of the copter that saved me a year ago. Have to admit it was a bit emotional when I first met some of the crews on duty, but with "Beth's" suggestions and a lot of prayer ahead of time, I got thru it fine..... The crew that took care of me was not on duty today, but the one's that were there, is going to see my crew tonight, and was going to make sure they got at least part of the tray. I told them the goodies were for all of them just because I appreciate them being there.

I had no idea the inside of the air life copters were so small.... This one carries 4 - the pilot, 2 nurses, and the patient. I was just amazed when I looked inside and seen myself laying there. There were hugs all around and these guys remembered my name because someone had chosen my thank you note a year ago to read at a staff meeting, and I guess it still hangs in the main office.

We also delivered candy to the local fire & rescue station, and fruit baskets to the hospital ICU staff and Cath lab...... more hugs and tears, and hi-fives shared, and joy in a lot of hearts...... It was a heart warming day!


4 comments:

Heather said...

what a wonderful thing of you to do! i'm still stunned when i think of all you went through, i'm so glad you are ok. you are so loved by many...including me! one day i'd really love to meet you in person and give you a big ole hug!

Four peas in a pod said...

Yes, I agree with Heather, you are awesome!

-Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is soooo great! Wonderful thing to do, to repay -- however small -- the kindness, skill, dedication, and sacrifices of these incredible professionals. Way ta go, Tarzan! You don't just talk: you walk the walk!

PS: Also a great example of what this season is supposed to be about.

xxoo
mark-shark

Beth Niquette said...

Oh WOW! I'm so...humbled. ((hugs)) I'm so glad you had a great time. I am SURE God used you mightily!

May the God of Hope use you to bless many.