The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31st, 2009......9:00 p.m.


I came home from the hospital one year ago today......


I don’t remember much about it……Jim says I set in my chair and he fixed us a steak for supper. He said I only ate a few bites and we went to bed early. I was so weak……


He said we woke up somewhere around midnight, kissed each other happy new year and went back to sleep. I don't remember......


I remember our first new year's eve together, I was 14 years old, we went to a movie and we kissed right at midnight..... we've kissed every new years at the strike of midnight for 52 years since. All except for last year when it was a little before or a little after.....it didn't seem to matter.


We've been through a lot together......


I only remember I felt like I had been in a war and it was just the beginning of a big battle…..


And here I am a year later....


Still battling but celebrating…..


Even more resolved than I was a year ago.....


The doctor said he let me come home too soon, but I knew it was the right thing to do. I had to come home in order to get well…..to live.......


I’m writing this because I need to remind myself how much further ahead I am a year later….


I’m so glad I have a year behind me…..


I’m looking forward to the coming new year….just 3 hours from now.....


I’m going to stay up and see it in…… and kiss Jim at midnight......


Happy New Year from the bottom of my heart to yours……..


And I really, really mean it.......



1 comment:

Nina said...

Happy New Year! May 2010 bring you Hope, Health, Love, Joy and Laughter. Love and Light, Nina P