The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, December 7, 2009

#8 of the Matrix......

#8 of the matrix…Life in it’s own Time


Moments to Minutes

to Hours

to Days

to Months

to…….




Shorly after my arrival home from the hospital, my buddy Shark wrote me:


Don Juan, the Yaqui medicine man -- used to tell the story that Death was always just behind our left shoulder -- and anything one wanted to know, one could just turn around and ask one's Death.

And he said the answer would always be:

"Death doesn't want you yet." (-- which was supposed to put 'the moment' in perspective and serve as an "answer" to anything.)

If that doesn't apply to you, I don't know what does!

And with every new moment AFTER such an event, you are obligated to Live and Love and Give as fiercely and passionately as possible.

………>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>………

I’ve thought a lot about these words and the time ahead of me since my attack…… I am still amazed at how quickly everything happened that evening. On a positive note, The attack left me with the realization and stark reminder that any of us can be gone within a flash. Since then, I have made an effort to think of my living moments with a little more attention paid to what it does and can hold within it’s time left.


When I wrote earlier about putting yourself in the moment, that has included a few that I have actually stopped and thought “this could be your last second on this earth, and are you ready”?…… As morbid as it sounds, it’s been a healthy exercise for me. Usually it prompts a response as soon as possible of cleaning out a drawer, filing papers, writing a loved one a note, or some other project that I happen to think is important at the moment.

……….<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<………

On the mantle in the living room I have the card that “el poquito” sent me, (pictured above).

With that note, he christened me “Turtle Woman”. On the front of the card is written by N. Scott Momaday from the Kiowa tribe. “Tortoises crawl about on red earth, going nowhere in plenty of time”.


I keep that card out where I can see it daily, and when I find myself falling back into my old habits of trying to rush through life, I need only to glance at it and be reminded to slow down and make these moments count.


“Death doesn’t want me yet”,,,,,,, so I choose to live while I can, but I’m no longer hurrying through it.


No comments: