The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Monday, December 7, 2009

#9 of the Matrix........

#9 of the matrix…….. Shorpping


It’s been interesting as I’ve constructed and gone thru my list of positives, finding that several I’ve written down I have found the need to combine with others, causing me to search for and add another one in order to come up with the 12…..


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


A few Sunday’s ago in Church, our minister left the pulpit, walked through the congregation and handed out a little piece of bread to various members. At that time, he jokingly announced that his sermon was over and we could all go home, and then he just stood there quietly for a few moments…… Then he returned to the pulpit and proceeded with his sermon of the day which started out talking about sharing…..


About half way through the sermon, he brought up the tiny piece of bread again, saying…….. It’s just a piece of bread, right? Until…… and he waited. Finally some lady sitting in a pew said ….until we give it away and then it becomes a gift. …..


It is a fact, It becomes “so much more” when we give of ourselves to other’s…..


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


On my original list I had written the importance of “support”, thinking of all the nice things that was done for my family and myself when I was ill.


Separately, I also had written the word “sharing”, thinking at the time of how important it has become for me, to share the positives of my ordeal with others……


As I begin to write, I could see the weaving of the two, and it became obvious that others giving to me, and me trying to, and needing to give back to them, had indeed became one and the same……


Sharing and Support My new word: Shorpping…..


In the meantime, another friend had written that when she was diagnosed with cancer a few years back, she had stopped her painting, but that my sharing with her through my words, had made her want to start again….. She is a wonderful artist, her paintings reflect life and the light therein, but in her private turmoil, she had put her brush’s in the closet….. how sad.


I immediately wrote her back and urged her to take them out and start again. I said to her, “you never know when one person might look at one of your paintings, and it may be that very light that gives hope where it may not have been there before. Little do we know who we might touch with a word, a cookie, a story, a painting, a song, a smile, a phone call, or just an arm around a weakened shoulder.


I have been on the receiving end and it meant so much more to me than anyone can ever know. It gave me light and hope and the will to go on when I couldn’t do it by myself. Friends and family shared their love and support in many different ways and it grew within me to the point where the overflow has to be released.


Now it’s my turn to find a way to keep it going…..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tarzan, I've been following your "Matrix series" and it is both beautiful and inspirational.

We who have been to the lower circles of Hell know: You Remind Me and I'll Remind You; reminded of the strength, the sharing, the attention we should pay to this wonderful planet and the people, plants, animals, and rocks that abound here.

Thanks for sharing once again. Thanks for allowing us to watch as you stack this profound matrix, weaving together the things you've learned. You've come a long way, baby! -- and the journey continues.

xxoo
shark

Mary said...

Shark - the greatest single lesson learned and probably the most profound of any of the positives for me, has been that we can't do it alone. And thank God we don't have to. Being here for each other in a billion different scenario's is what it's all about.