The Search

Of everything
There is so much more than a name
There is so much more than an age
There is so much more than what you see
There is so much more beyond me



Sunday, December 6, 2009

#7 of the Matrix......


#7 of the matrix......... Sensitivity

”Can you feel it”….first recorded in 1980 by the Jacksons, the slogan in years since has become a part of our culture.


Now I can honestly say yes, I can, in a hundred million different ways, and it’s been an extremely positive result of waking up.


I think I’ve always been a compassionate person, but I wonder now if I was just “going thru the motions”… Since my attack, one of the positives is that I do have a deeper sense of what’s going on around me.


This doesn’t just relate to people, I also feel a closer connection to a lot of things, such as nature, the environment, home, words (spoken & written), music, emotions, and to health to name only a few...


I’ve learned to put myself “in the moment” and actually feel a part of it, and I’ve since learned, it’s a wonderful, useful tool of life. This is no easy task, and if it’s been awhile since you’ve experienced it, you should try it.


Stop, empty your mind of everything in it, and look around…. How long has it been since you REALLY seen the tree outside your window. Patterns and textures of its bark, the colors, the aged beauty, it’s scars and it’s stature, it’s nakedness or dressing. How long has it been since you’ve really stopped long enough to sense the feelings in your body. It’s simple to say your’re in pain, but can you mark it’s origin? Can you localize it in separate areas and intensity? In detail, what is it that makes you happy when you are having good day? If you’ve been to a public gathering lately, did you notice the crowd or did you actually look into their faces.


When I hear of other’s suffering, I no longer just feel sorry – I now feel their pain, I know intensity of their sadness, I know their helplessness. I now relate to and deeply understand their sorrow and their joys…..


I now walk into a room and I see……the floor, the walls, the furnishings, the warmth and the coldness. I touch an inanimate object and now feel the worthiness in its presence.


With all that life holds in it’s work to simply survive, (our jobs, our relationship to others, our responsibilities) the hectic moments can speed past us without our actually being a part of them….. This is more than “stopping to smell the roses” – We first have to notice they’re there.


We owe it to ourselves and to each other, to join each and every fleeting moment and make the most of it. Life isn’t really life unless we’re actually a part of it, not just in it, we have to be of it. Even when those parts are not good, you can’t change them unless you first accept, and sincerely get to know them.


Stop – Put yourself in the moment – acknowledge it – be a part of it – feel it. Suddenly it will become clear - There is "so much more" . It's not about us.


1 comment:

Nina said...

"Stop – Put yourself in the moment – acknowledge it – be a part of it – feel it. Suddenly it will become clear - There is "so much more" . It's not about us."
Wow as I read through your posts in order today, they speak so clearly of not only the strength you've gained but the wisdom. God's spoken to you and you are passing on the message. Live life every moment of every day, not for ourselves but for being a part of it all. Bless you dear soul and I thank you for sharing so freely that which needs to be shared. Love and Light, Nina P